Mini Mushroom Pies
- 25 g butter plus extra for greasing
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 small onion finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 350 g mushrooms sliced
- small handful parsley finely chopped
- 100 ml single cream
- 375 g pack ready-rolled shortcrust pastry
- a little plain flour for dusting
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tsp caraway or fennel seeds
- Heat the butter and oil in a frying pan. Add the onion and fry until soft. Stir in the garlic and mushrooms, season and cook for 5 mins until the mushrooms are soft. Stir in the parsley and cream. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Grease a 6-hole muffin tin with butter, then line each hole with a long thin strip of baking parchment. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and stamp out 6 x 10 cm circles. Press a circle into each hole to line. Roll out the remaining pastry (you may need to re-roll trimmings) and stamp out 6 x 8cm circles.
- Divide the mushroom mix between the pies. Brush the pastry edges with a little egg, top each with a pastry lid and carefully press the pastry edges together to seal.
- Brush with the remaining egg and sprinkle with caraway seeds. Bake for 25-30 mins until golden. Allow to cool in the tin slightly before serving, or cool on a wire rack and keep in airtight containers for up to 1 day. Reheat before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!