STRAWBERRY NUTELLA CHEESECAKE
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate biscuit crumbs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 910 g cream cheese softened at room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 400 g jar Nutella
- 6 in sheets gelatine softenedwater
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- whole strawberries for garnish
- Preheat oven to 180.c. Line a 9-inch spring form pan with greaseproof paper.
- Place chocolate cookies into a food processor and pulse into fine crumbs. Add the melted butter and pulse again until mixture comes together. Transfer the crumbs into prepared spring form pan. Using the back of a large spoon, press the mixture firmly into the bottom of the pan to create an even and firm crust. Bake crust in preheated oven for 10 minutes, then allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling. Place the softened cream cheese into stand mixer bowl and beat on high speed for 10 minutes until light and fluffy. Add the sour cream, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla. Transfer the Nutella into a bowl and microwave for a few minutes to melt it until smooth. Pour Nutella into mixer bowl. Whisk mixture on high speed for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Prepare the gelatine. Turn mixer to high speed and while mixing, pour in the gelatine. Continue mixing for a few minutes until well combined.
- Add a few cups of the cheesecake filling on top of the cool chocolate crust. Cut large strawberries in half and place them around the edge of the pan, open face facing out. Add the chopped strawberries into the centre. Pour in the remaining filling and use a flat spatula to even off the top of the cake.
- Place cake into refrigerator to set overnight, usually takes about 5 to 6 hours to set completely. To remove the cake from the pan, run a flat spatula along the edge of the pan, then release spring form. Transfer onto cake platter and garnish top with more strawberries if desired.
- Keep cake refrigerated. Remove about 30 minutes prior to serving to allow the cake to soft slightly.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!