MOJO CUBAN ROAST PORK
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup coriander lightly packed
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 3/4 cup orange juice fresh
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup mint leaves lightly packed
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano leaves packed (or 1/2dried oregano)
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 kg pork shoulder skinless and boneless
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- Salt and pepper
- Combine Marinade ingredients in a food processor and blend until the herbs and garlic are finely chopped. Alternatively, you can finely chop/mince the garlic and herbs then mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Place in a large ziplock bag with the pork. Place in the fridge overnight (in a bowl, just to be safe).
- Remove the pork from the Marinade and bring to room temperature. Reserve the Marinade.
- Preheat oven to 170C.
- Place the pork on a rack in a roasting dish (or on a couple of onions halved, to elevate the pork). Cover with a lid or double layer or foil, slightly tented so it is not pressed tightly against the pork.
- Place in the oven and bake for 2 hrs 30 minutes. Then remove the foil and return to the oven for a further 30 minutes to brown.
- Remove from the oven and place on a plate, loosely covered with foil. Rest for 20 minutes before serving with the Mojo Sauce on the side. Decorate with pan fried slices of oranges and extra coriander leaves.
- Mojo Sauce
- Place the reserved Marinade, Mojo Sauce ingredients and 2 tbsp of the roasting pan drippings into a small saucepan. Bring to boil and add salt and pepper to taste. You might also want to add more lime juice or even a touch of sugar. Turn the heat down and simmer for 1 minute, then remove from the stove and set aside.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!