Perfect Pork Loin Roast
- 1 1.8-2 kg pork loin roast
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- Roasted vegetables potatoes pumpkin, carrots and parsnip
- baby peas
- apple sauce
- Remove pork loin roast from packaging taking note of weight and pat dry with paper towel.
- Place roast onto a wire rack in the kitchen sink and pour over a jug of boiling water. Pat the rind dry with paper towel.
- Place pork skin side up in a plastic dish and put it back in the fridge uncovered overnight to dry the skin out
- When ready to cook remove the pork from the fridge an bring to room temperature.
- Rub the rind well with oil and sea salt massaging well into the scored areas.
- Place the pork loin roast on a wire rack in a deep roasting pan, then place in preheated oven at 240⁰C for 40 minutes. Do not open oven door during this period.
- Reduce oven temperature to 180⁰C for the remaining cooking time allow 30-35 minutes per kg. (Roast prepared vegetables now).
- Remove pork from the oven and allow to rest in the roasting pan for 10-15 minutes prior to slicing.
- Slice loin and serve with roasted vegetables, freshly cooked peas, gravy and apple sauce.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!