Porterhouse Steak W. Nicoise Salad
- 4 porterhouse steaks fat trimmed
- Basting sauce
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 200 g green beans trimmed
- 200 g punnet grape tomatoes halved lengthways
- 4 eggs
- 1 Lebanese cucumber halved and sliced
- 1 baby cos lettuce washed and spun dry
- 1 tbsp each red and white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp chives finely chopped, plus extra to serve
- Place steaks on a plate. Combine basting sauce ingredients with 1 tbsp olive oil in a small bowl and brush onto both sides of the steak.
- Preheat a BBQ to hot and cook steak for 3 minutes each side, rest and slice.
- Place green beans in a medium bowl and pour over boiling water, allow to sit for 3-4 minutes until cooked but still a little crisp, then drain and refresh in iced water.
- Place eggs in a small saucepan and cover with cold water, bring to the boil then lower heat and simmer for 6-8 minutes. Drain and cover with cold water. Peel and quarter.
- Combine vinaigrette. Assemble salad ingredients. Top with beef and eggs. Pour over vinaigrette.
Vinaigrette, salad and eggs can be prepared ahead of time. You can leave the anchovies out of the basting sauce if you prefer. Try with scotch fillet or rump steak.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!