Oysters with Chorizo Crumb and Tomato, Chilli & Coriander Salsa
- 12 fresh oysters
- 1 cured chorizo sausage from the deli
- 1 tbsp olive oil if needed
- 1 vine-ripened tomatoes seeded and finely diced
- 1 French shallots finely chopped
- 1 small red chillies seeded and sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Lime wedges to serve
- Finely chop (or crumble) the chorizo sausage - you might need to peel the skin off first. Place the chorizo crumb in a cold non stick pan and set over a medium heat. Allow to cook until the chorizo has released its oils and crisped a little. You may n need to add some oil to help it along. Remove from heat and allow too cool.
- Remove the oysters from their shells. Wash the shells in hot water, then pat dry. Replace the oysters and cover with a damp cloth in the refrigerator.
- Put the tomato, shallots, chilli and coriander in a bowl and mix together well. Stir in the lime juice, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Put a teaspoon or so of the chorizo crumb on each oyster and top with a teaspoon of salsa.
- Serve with lime wedges for extra juice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!